Monday, July 18, 2011

Works in Progress

"Gift from the Sea" by bbrunophotography
So far, it's been one of those two-week stretches. You know, the kind that feel like you're caught in a whirlwind of activity but never quite caught up? I thought I'd give you a sneak peek at what I've been up to, artwise.

After losing the entire contents of an 8MB memory card, I opened my handy-dandy copy of Photo Rescue, and put it to work. Let me tell you, this program is a real workhorse when it comes to retrieving "lost" files. It rescued not only my latest photos, but dozens of others that were from way back in 2010. Who would've thought, after reformatting a memory card, that you could still find old files lurking there? Well, it's true and I couldn't be happier.  If ever you've returned home after a big outing and can't get your card to behave, it is such a relief to have a software like this just waiting to be your knight in shining armor.  I don't usually share links to products I've purchased, and I have no personal interest in this company other than I LOVE their product. Here's their website if you'd like to check them out.  It's worth every cent.

So bright and early this morning, I worked on a few new photos for my Etsy shop and my other gallery. I've recently begun offering my prints as beautiful stretched-canvas gallery wraps now, too, in a wide variety of sizes. They're not available at Etsy, but via my "other" gallery linked above. (I ordered a small gallery wrap for myself a few months ago, because I wanted to ensure that the work is high quality. It's good to see what customers will see, and I love their work. Here's the one  I treated myself to. It hangs above a little side table in my dining room. I've always been a fan of rustic wooden trellises, so the coneflowers against that trellis really appealed to me.

"Elegance" by Bonnie Bruno- print or canvas gallery wrap
Here in the Pacific Northwest, clematis are a popular flower for home gardening. Using a 100mm macro lens, I captured this gorgeous, fully bloomed purplish clematis one morning in all its glory. God sure did a good job, and this is the fun part of my work - trying my best to capture those intricate details He placed in nature.



I'm now offering photo art greeting cards as well. Any image in my FineArtAmerica gallery can be purchased as a card. Boxed sets are also available.








Now for my really EXCITING news! I am working with an art agency on a project that I am hoping will bear fruit. Her agency won the contract to provide art for a big, new hospital. Following her guidelines, I've been submitting art according to the color palette - walls, carpeting, and so on. The agency will hold a meeting in a few weeks and I'll know then whether or not my images will be included in their plans. Imagine 30x40" prints! See why I'm excited?

Toss a couple of writing projects in the mix, playtime with granddaughters, and that's my life in a nutshell right now. Trying to keep wheels spinning but get enough rest, too.

Look for a Friday Showcase this week. I am eager to share the work of six wonderful artists with you.

Until then - have a wonderful week!
Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment

So glad you stopped by!