Friday, July 1, 2011

FRIDAY SHOWCASE: Mosaic Art

Flowers & Grasses 20x30 fine art print by bbrunophotography


Colorful photo mosaics are a creative way to add drama to that special wall. I've worked on mosaics this week for my photography shop at Etsy, and am really enjoying the process. (Sort of reminds me of scrapbooking as a child, long before scrapbooking supplies became a moneymaker  at Michael's and other craft stores.)

Mosaics are traditionally related to crafting with tiles or broken pieces of pretty glass, but for the sake of this post, I'm referring to the arrangement of several photos into a single print, as I've done with my floral foursome above.

As I searched Etsy for mosaic art to share with you today, I found so many good examples, it was hard to narrow down to just six. I like these for several reasons: subject matter, use of light, and their moody feel.
Here we are at the close of another week. For all you U.S. dwellers, have a wonderful and safe July 4th weekend!
Bonnie

Peony Mosaic by judystalus

 

Carousels by MarcoLaGrenouille

Cooper Island by cottagelightstudio



Coming Up from the Ground by NatureMandalas

Spring is in the Air by artisticallylola

Summer Breeze by SeaLilyStudio

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful, your blog is lovely. thank you so much for including my peonies,
    Judy Stalus

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous selection, thanks for including my carousels ! :)

    ReplyDelete

So glad you stopped by!