Wednesday, October 13, 2010

A Sense of Time

 
 When I was a little girl, I thought summer lasted a whole year. That is, until Kathy Harris ruined it for me in second grade, by showing me a calendar and calling me a few choice names.  Once summer had that three-month boundary securely tied around it, June, July, and August seemed to fly by in a loud Whoosh! Childhood summers were never quite the same again.

Fast forward a few decades and some things never change. I confess, my sense of time still gets skewed and I think about the places I'd like to visit and the photos I'd love to shoot, after I'm done with errands or laundry or writing or painting the kitchen, or after I organize my home office for the umpteenth time. Weeks and months pass and whaddayaknow...it's summer again. Or Fall. Winter. Spring.


So here's to living every day more intentionally, with a specific purpose.  Not because it's on a list but because it's written in my heart as something I really would like to explore or (in many cases) complete. We creative types tend to have a lot of irons in the fire, which doesn't mean we always complete what we've started. Hmmm. Can you relate?


William James once penned, "Nothing is so fatiguing as the eternal hanging on of an uncompleted task."

Yep. I gotta agree with ol' William.


Visit bbrunophotography for over 400 available prints. FREE SHIPPING through October 31st--see coupon at checkout.

2 comments:

  1. ok You have me giggling outloud! I see we have mutual interests. I too am drawn to your work and your stories. From your new artist friend who loves God, family, and art. ...tea first good coffee second..and always chocolate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Robin!
    Oh, I'm so glad you stopped by. AND I see you joined the fray. I'll try to behave myself and be as dignified as possible.

    YES - chocolate always!

    ReplyDelete

So glad you stopped by!