Monday, November 1, 2010

Purple Monday

 It's the first day of a brand-new month. For some, that might mean the beginning of a shopping frenzy as we stretch towards Christmas. For me, it means a shiny new beginning; a chance to both reflect and move forward.  


This time of year tends to take me back, and I think of past Thanksgivings and Christmases. I love looking through old family photos from my childhood--moments in time that were OOAK.  One-of-a-kind blips on life's screen, like a quick blink.  Looking back is a sweet journey, and I thank God for the gift of memory. Can you imagine living without the ability to sigh and laugh and marvel? 


As we begin a new month, may it be a time of creating new memories, rekindling friendships, and letting those closest to us know how precious they are. Never forget that today's activities and actions create tomorrow's mental snapshots.


Today I have purple on the brain, so I hereby declare it Purple Monday. Purple is warm and vibrant. The bedroom I grew up in was lavender. I seem to gravitate towards all shades of purple, and wear it often, too. Here are a few listings from my Etsy shop and Artfire studio. Let's hear it for purple!

"Lilac in the Shadows"




"Meadow Sage"
"Hints of a Storm"

Have a blessed week, everyone! Here's wishing you memory-making opportunities to warm the years ahead.

1 comment:

  1. Love these! I especially love Lilac in the shadows,very nice composition!

    ReplyDelete

So glad you stopped by!