Monday, February 7, 2011

Monday Again

What does it take to stop you in your tracks? For me, it's the everyday surprises I discover in nature. Those colors and textures fuel my enthusiasm for photography, and make me glad to be a part of this world at this special point in time.

I try to stay alert to details, and that's what excites me about a day out with my camera. It's a constant search for lightplay, shape, texture, color, and movement. So many times, I've captured a detail that I would have missed if I'd been glancing to the left or right. A moment in time--that is the fun of nature photography. No two moments will ever be the same. Ever.

Half the time I'm without my camera when I run across something awe-inspiring, but I've learned to simply take in the beauty and enjoy the moment, the way I did as a child when I'd inspect the details of wildflowers in the field behind our house. I didn't have a camera until fourth grade, but my love for the tiniest of details began at an early age.

Whether it's sunrise or dusk, wildflowers or mountaintops, each of us can remember a sight that took our breath away. I hope this week we'll pause to look around us - really pause - and step away from the rush long enough to savor the amazing beauty of our world.

I've been accused of being "low maintenance" and I take that as a compliment, thankyouverymuch.  There's not a lot I need to make me happy. Just give me a camera and a day to explore, and I'm on top of the world.

Have a great week, everyone!
Bonnie





3 comments:

  1. I identify, Bonnie. I would call me 'low maintenance" too. loved the photos. Thanks for getting me outside today... to see God's beauty.

    blessings
    Patrina <")>><

    ReplyDelete
  2. The photos are awesome. Really they are so pretty. I always like coming to your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Patrina, so nice to meet you here! Thanks for stopping by and letting me know you visited. (It's great being low maintenance, isn't it? Less stress that way.)

    Alicia, thank you for your kind note. Glad you are enjoying the photos. Take care!

    ReplyDelete

So glad you stopped by!