Monday, December 20, 2010

Fanning the Flame

"Foxglove" by bbrunophotography
What fans your creative flame? For me it's nature. From the time I was a little girl, I felt such a connection to my surroundings. I loved lying in the grass on a summer day, tracing cloud pictures with my finger, or watching bugs crawl through their miniature forest. I imagined what that tiny world must look like from their vantage point.

Now I smile when I track the steps from childhood to here, because I recognize how my early sense of wonder has translated into a passion for photography. I still look for pictures in the clouds. I still get a kick out of watching insects meandering along in the garden. And I still have a healthy imagination.

I'm grateful for work that transports me into the world of petals and leaves, sunsets and waterfalls. I'm glad to know so many fine artists who  share my love for capturing those details. My medium happens to be a camera, fanned by the beauty of our world.

As we begin another week, let's take time to see--really see--our beautiful surroundings. I am so grateful to be here at this special point in time, loving what I do and doing what I love. Most of all, I thank God for creating such an amazing world for us to mine and enjoy.

May we all feel a sense of rekindled wonder this special Christmas week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

So glad you stopped by!